Parental Rights 2017-10-12T03:16:40+00:00

Parental Rights

The most beneficial parenting arrangements are those that serve the best interest of the child. Sometimes, a traditional, cohabiting two-parent arrangement serves that interest. Other times, a nontraditional alternative is better for the child.

As life changes, families change — sometimes according to plan and other times unpredictably or suddenly. For legal counsel from an attorney who has experience with parental rights law, contact The Law Offices of Marion E. Froehlich. We have worked with families of all types throughout San Diego County to establish customized parenting arrangements.

More Than 30 Years Of Combined Experience In Family Law

The Law Offices of Marion E. Froehlich, based in Vista, California, brings more than 30 years of combined experience to our divorce and family law practice. Our founder, Marion E. Froehlich, is a certified specialist in family law who brings compassion to her legal practice and enjoys helping others arrive at practical solutions.

We are prepared to assist with the following parental rights-related matters:
Paternity actions

If you are the father of a child who was born out of wedlock, your parental rights are not recognized by law without a court order. Paternity testing is the first step toward eligibility for custody or visitation.

Child support

If you are a single mother struggling to support your child financially, you may want to legally establish who the father is with a paternity action. Once the father is identified, he may be ordered to pay child support.

Child custody

When partnerships end, an agreement must be made regarding child custody. We help resolve child custody disputes for divorcing parents and unmarried parents.

Termination of parental rights

Parents can voluntarily terminate parenting rights to give their child up for adoption, and non-parent family members can petition for a parent’s rights to be terminated if the child is being abused or neglected.

Stepparent adoption

Stepparents can petition for parental rights if the child’s absent or noncustodial parent is not part of the child’s life and has not contributed to the child’s support.

Even if you have an informal custody or visitation agreement in place, you need a legal action to protect your rights and to help ensure the safety of the child regarding any kind of child-sharing agreement, contact a Vista parental rights lawyer.

Contact us by phone or email

Learn more about parental rights and how it impacts you. Call us at 760-659-3548
or complete and submit our online contact form.

State Bar of California | California Board of Legal Specialization