Guardianship 2017-10-11T16:28:45+00:00

When Parenting Ability is Compromised

Froehlich Law - Guardianships

Certain events in life can compromise parenting ability: military duty, incarceration, substance abuse and treatment, the onset of a terminal illness or an abusive parent-child relationship. In situations where one or both parents are temporarily or permanently unable to provide adequate care for a child, a legal guardian can be appointed to take care of the child until circumstances improve.

The Law Offices of Marion E. Froehlich has been supporting families in California for decades. We bring over 30 years of combined experience to our family-focused legal practice and are happy to assist families in finding practical solutions to various legal matters. We have helped families with guardianships, mediation, child custody, divorce and other family matters.

What Is A Guardianship?

A legal guardianship grants custodial rights to someone other than the child’s parents, and can include the right to make decisions regarding the child’s health and education and/or the right to make decisions regarding the child’s assets. These specifications are referred to as “guardianship of the person,” “guardianship of the estate,” and “guardianship of the person and the estate.”

Guardianships give parents the opportunity to fulfill duties, pursue treatment, resolve conflict or otherwise improve conditions that compromise their ability to parent a child. Often, a grandparent, aunt or uncle will be appointed as guardian.

If you are unsure about whether a guardianship is the best option for your family, meet with our legal team to discuss your options. We will help you to understand the legal implications involved. If you decide that a guardianship is the right solution for your family situation, our attorney Marion E. Froehlich will guide you through guardianship proceedings.

Contact A Vista Guardianship Attorney

If you are considering appointing a guardian for your child, or are interested in petitioning to be the guardian of a child in need, contact lawyer Marion E. Froehlich.

Contact us by phone or email

Learn more about gurdianship and how it impacts you. Call us at 760-659-3548
or complete and submit our online contact form.

State Bar of California | California Board of Legal Specialization